When my husband and I lived at BYU, we had a neighbor that taught my son piano and also made me these cookies. I LOVED them and got the recipe from her. It's been about 8 years and I think this is the 2nd time I made them myself. But I was reminded at how much I love them.
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-3 t. grated orange peel
- 2 cups (12 oz.) white morsels
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.
- Bake 350* for 10-12 minutes. Until edges are golden brown.
- Stand 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on rack.
- Makes 39 cookies