Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cheese Soup

This is a great reminder of my mom and comfort food. We've had this in bread bowls and I remember it being a great cabin meal. It is one of my favorites!

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. carrots

1 onion

4-5 celery sticks

2 cubed potatoes

1 1/2 sticks of butter

1 can chicken broth

1 1/2 quarts hot water (use water from the cooked veggies)

1 pkg. frozen peas

Directions:

Boil carrots, onions, celery, and potatoes with enough water to barely cover.

Place Cheese Whiz with lid off in pan of hot water to melt. (I don't do that....oops.)

In large pan, melt butter, add enough flour to make paste, stirring constantly.

Gradually add hot water and chicken broth. Stir until thickened. Remove from heat and add all vegetables (don't forget the peas) and Cheese Whiz. (I think my mom put a little shredded cheese in at this point too.)

1/2 batch feeds 6

No comments: