Thursday, September 22, 2011

Beef Tips and Noodles

My mom made this often when I was young. It has become a favorite of my husbands and even my kids love it. The best part is the simplicity of it and the meat is so tender.

Ingredients:

1 lb. stew meat
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can tomato soup (or cream of mushroom soup)
1 package dry lipton onion soup mix

Directions:

Mix the ingredients together in a crockpot. Cook on High 4-6 hours or Low 5-7 hours.
Serve over egg noodles.

*Last time I made it, I did not use the tomato soup and instead used two cans of cream of mushroom soup (this is the way my uncle makes it). It was really good!
*I buy bulk already cut up stew meat from Costco, seperate it into baggies and freeze it. It's always nice to have different kinds of meat on hand.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

yum. this reminds me of our orchard garden days and i really love it. thanks.