Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cheese Pastry

I love cheese pastries. The flaky crust, the cream cheese filling and the sweet icing are a perfect combination. I made this last night and we had it for breakfast this morning. It was easy and delicious. I put the glaze on and then covered it for the night, so the glaze was still runny this morning.

2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls (I got the kind that is a continuous sheet--not perforated)
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam. Lay a can of crescent rolls on the bottom of the pan. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth and then spread evenly over the crescent rolls. Lay the second can of crescent rolls over the top and brush with egg white.

Bake for 35 minutes. Cool for twenty minutes and then glaze the top.

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

2 comments:

Scott / Lori said...

I have never made a pastry item like this. I love cream cheese anything! I will have to give it a go. Thanks.

Lisa said...

i love cream cheese danish thingies. this sounds wonderful and not too complicated. thanks for sharing.