light, fluffy scrambled eggs, Monterey jack cheese, chorizo, pico de gallo, cilantro, and here's the clincher, corn tortillas. Mmmmm.
Ingredients: (listed above but too)
- eggs (I would say 4 or so)
- Monterey jack cheese ( 1/4 - 1/2 cup, shredded)
- chorizo or sausage (1/2 cup chopped)
- pico de gallo (I used 1/4 cup of the store bought stuff. You do earn extra credit though if you make your own pico de gallo)
- cilantro (this is optional, especially since most pico de gallo already has it in there)
- corn tortillas (3-4 small corn tortillas, cut into 1/4 " x 1/2 " strips, and sauted in 2 Tbsp. oil).
1. Saute the strips of corn tortillas in the oil for about 2 minutes, until softened.
2. Cook and chop the chorizo or sausage.
3. Crack the four eggs into a fry pan. With a spatula, stir them up until yokes are broken up and mixed with the whites, THEN turn on the stove to medium high heat. Let the eggs sit there for 1 minute before scrapping the bottom and flipping the eggs over (they will only be cooked on the bottom).
4. Add the shredded cheese, cooked chorizo, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips. Mix with the eggs and make a messy scramble.
5. Top with cilantro and serve while warm.