Saturday, September 3, 2011

Delicious Breakfast Sandwiches

Worth a repost! We made it for dinner tonight and it was DELICIOUS!!!!! And simple.



A version of this sandwich is on the menu at Flour Girl and Dough Boy and after having it once, I had to try to duplicate it. It is on their breakfast menu, but I made them for dinner and everyone LOVED them. Easy and sorta special!

Good quality sourdough or country bread
1 egg per sandwich
thin-sliced ham
provolone cheese
raspberry jam

Fry the egg, piercing the yolk, so it all cooks semi-hard
Stack one slice of bread with the ham, cheese and egg
Spread jam on the other slice of bread (be generous)
Put sandwich together and toast (I used a sandwich maker and thinly spread butter on the outside of both slices)

Enjoy with some fresh fruit for a delicious and satisfying meal!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome! I thought the red was cranberry sauce. Bet that would be good too. Yum. How do I know what is a quality sourdough or country bread? What do you get?
I'll be making this. I love breakfast sandwiches.

Kristi said...

That looks interesting, particularly the jam part. One of my favorite kinds of sandwiches are cranberry cream cheese turkey sandwiches. This week I made one but had run out of jellied cranberry. I used jam and it was still great.
I need to try this recipe.

Scott / Lori said...

I have a weakness for breakfast sandwiches and have put jam on them ever since I saw Mom and Dad do that when I was about 10 years old. I sure wish I had one of these right now. Great recipe! Yum.

Karey said...

The kind of bread I'm talking about is something with a little body, a heavier bread, not a lightweight bread that doesn't hold together very well. I love a heavy sourdough that is a little chewy.

Lisa said...

yum.

sanjeet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.