1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 small bottle Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
3/4 bag milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix first 7 ingredient in order listed to form cookie dough.
3. Spray 9x13 pan with Pam. Spread 1/2 of the cookie dough on bottom of pan and bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Let cookie crust cool for 5 minutes before proceeding to the next layer.
4. Spread caramel over cookie crust (it is easier to spread the caramel if you warm it up in the microwave first).
5. Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips over the caramel.
6. Crumble remaining cookie dough over the chocolate chip layer and gently press them into the chocolate chip layer so they will adhere to the rest of the cookie and not just crumble off after it is baked.
7. After all ingredients have been layered, bake for 10 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool before cutting into them.