Sunday, January 17, 2010

Alfredo

Another recipe from my neighborhood cookbook. I had broccoli that I needed to use and found the recipe for the alfredo so I cooked 3 chicken breasts (and sprinkled Italian seasoning on them while they cooked), broccoli, a package of bowtie pasta (any pasta can be used), and made this wonderful sauce. It was restaurant tasty. Some alfredos taste so thick and heavy. I was afraid of that with this but my family loved it. The kids who wanted the broccoli and chicken on the side were dipping it in the sauce. (I was a little short on heavy cream so I just added a little milk to make up for it. Maybe that's what helped make it not so heavy.)

Ingredients:

1/2 c. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. heavy cream
1/8 t. ground black pepper
pinch of salt
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, cream, pepper, and salt and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn the heat down if the mixture reaches a rapid boil or it could boil over. You just want to simmer it. Add the cheese and continue to simmer sauce for 8 minutes, or until thick. While sauce cools, cook the noodles.

Spoon sauce over pasta....and broccoli and chicken and even mushrooms....and serve.

3 comments:

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

That looks simply heavenly! Thanks for sharing :)

Scott / Lori said...

Tawnie this looks so good. I have never made alfredo but I have some kids who love it! I will have to give it a try. Thanks!

Hope said...

YEAH. that's what i'm talking about. that is one of my favorite dishes and it looks like a good recipe for it. and with the mushrooms...even better.