Monday, September 14, 2009

Pesto Turkey Burger

I got this recipe from a magazine...I don't even know which magazine because I just tore it out. It had been floating around our kitchen for the past couple weeks. I was very good. I love the strong flavors of a good pesto.

Ingredients:

For the Burgers:
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar or 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I did the Parmesan)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
6 burger rolls
Lettuce or spinach
Sliced tomatoes

For the Pesto Mayonnaise:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp pesto

Directions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, cheese, salt, and pepper until evenly blended.
2. Shape the meat into 1/2-inch thick patties. After the grill has been prepared and is ready, grill the patties until meat is not longer pink inside.
3. Serve the burgers on the rolls, dressed with the tomatoes, lettuce, and pesto mayonnaise

4 comments:

Scott / Lori said...

That looks scrumptious! I wish I had one to eat right now! Glad you made it home safely, sure was fun to see you guys!

Lisa said...

holy cow. those pictures really do that justice. that looks so good (even at 11 p.m.).

Anonymous said...

that looks yummy!! Can't you just ship some of all of this yumminess you make so we can all give it a try!!

Karey said...

What are you? A food stylist? Seriosly good pictures and it looks so good. Loved seeing your family.