Monday, April 11, 2011

Cadbury Egg Chocolate Cookies

My friend Holly shared this recipe with me. Thanks a lot Holly!  As if I needed more baked good recipes! I love the Reese's chocolate cookie recipe which is very similar to this plus Cadbury mini eggs happen to be one of my favorite things...I really couldn't go wrong here.



Adapted from a recipe here.

Ingredients:


1 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1 C white sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 1/2 C flour
6T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 10 oz bag Cadbury Mini-Eggs*


1/2 bag Reese's peanut butter chips





Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. On the original recipe they crushed up the Cadbury Eggs. I did not. I threw them into my mixer and many ended up whole but some broke up into pieces. They were perfect.

Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add in eggs one at at a time and the vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture to combine and then mix in the candies.

Drop onto a cookie sheet and cook for about 8-10 minutes.  Allow to sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing. Remove to a cooling rack.

4 comments:

Scott / Lori said...

These are so yummy! It is a good thing they only sell those mini eggs at Easter time......I could eat way too many of these cookies.

Kristi said...

I have also seen these eggs in green, red, and white at Christmas time. Regardless of the color, they are THE BEST candy. Period.
A cookie with these embedded, genius.

John said...

I will so be making these. John and I have to control ourselves to not continually have a bag of those eggs on hand all through spring.
Yum.
Thanks!!

digiscrapreader said...

These sound positively SINFUL! I don't know if I can justify trying these after I've worked so hard to lose weight. What to do, what to do. . . . . You only live once, right? :D Thanks for sharing, either way.