Saturday, May 21, 2011

Coconut Cake




This cake was good. I don't like coconut but I liked this cake (without the coconut sprinkled on top). I love white and yellow cake so this was a great twist. Super easy and worth a try.


Ingredients:


1 white cake mix

Ingredients for the cake mix

1 small package coconut cream instant pudding

1 can Lopez Coconut Cream (found with the drink mixers)

1 8 oz. cool whip

1 cup coconut

Directions:


Sprinkle the pudding into the cake mix and make the cake according to the package directions. When the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes all over it with the end of a wooden spoon or I used the end of a knife. Pour the coconut cream into the holes. When cooled, frost with cool whip and sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate.


*I made two round cakes then stacked them. I poked holes in the first layer, poured in some cream and spread cream across that layer then put the top layer on. Poked holes in that layer and put the rest of the cream in. You can make it in any pan. It would even be fun to make cupcakes!

2 comments:

Scott / Lori said...

Yum. I would love to try this.

Unknown said...

Coconut cake is so good! check out The Dessert Studios coconut cake! https://www.thedessertstudioutah.com/