Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gooey Chex Mix


I love this mix. I loved it as a kid and I love it now. I made it last year to give to family and friends. I normally don't like coconut but I like it in this. I did not add cashews. Instead I added red and green m&m's for Christmas!

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
6 cups Rice Chex
6 cups Honey Grahams
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup coconut
1 cup cashews

Directions:

Mix together the cereals, nuts, and coconut.
Stir butter, syrup, and sugar in pan and bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes.
Pour over the top of the cereal mix. Mix well.
Lay out on wax paper for about an hour.
Wrap it up cute and deliver or devour yourself.
YUM!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

My family, particularly my dad got hooked on this stuff when I was a kid. I also made it for work when I worked and it was a hit. I can vouch for its goodness.

Lisa said...

that is good stuff.

Nicole *Ü* said...

This is divine!! I've never tried it with cashews, though. I will definitely have to!