Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Monster Cookies

I got this recipe from a friend. It is a hearty, chewy cookie. It calls for loads of oats and peanut butter instead of flour. I wouldn't call it healthy, but I would call it healthier than regular cookies. I feel a little less guilty giving my kids a protein and fiber packed cookie than a simple- carbohydrate cookie. Oh, and they taste good too.

Monster Cookies
6 eggs
1 lb. brown sugar
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tb. honey
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup M&Ms

Mix in large bowl. Drop by large tablespoons or ice cream scoop, then flatten, 6 large cookies per cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes. Do not over bake.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

yum. they sound awesome. why are they called monster cookies?

Scott / Lori said...

Wow there's really no flour in them? I will definitely make these. Thanks for a fun new recipe!