Sunday, March 7, 2010

John's (a.k.a. Karrin's) Brownies


I don't actually know where we got this recipe anymore.  They have become a signature treat.  I  am the cookie maker around here and John is the official brownie maker.   Only this recipe, of course.  In my family they have come to be known simply as "John's Brownies".  He can whip these babies up with his eyes shut.  They are easy, moist, and fudgy-without being overly rich.  

Ingredients:

2 sticks (1 cup butter)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 T vanilla

Directions: 

Combine all ingredients, however you like.  Mix well.  Pour into 9x13 baking pan/dish.  Bake on 350 degrees for 23 minutes or JUST until a toothpick comes out mostly clean...not a moment longer. 

Frosting:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. cocoa
1 Tbsp. butter
1/8 cup milk
1/2 Tbsp. corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
Powdered sugar

Directions: 

In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except vanilla & powdered sugar.  Bring to a boil and stir for 1-2 minutes.  Take off stove and set pan in a cold water bath (sink with water in it or bowl with water in it) for one minute.  Add vanilla & then powdered sugar until desired consistency. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are my favorite brownies ever!! I love them!! If I ask my kids what dessert to make, often they say, John R.'s brownies. Or if they see I am making brownies they want to know if they are his.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Kristi said...

These are so good, also my favorite brownie. I wish my husband had a signature treat to make. This classic is perfect to share.

Scott / Lori said...

These are the only home-made brownies that I truly love. Go John!

Leslie said...

i will add my love for these brownies as well.

i have always loved the betty crocker fudge brownies, but when i tasted john's brownies, those were not so good anymore.

these are MY favorite as well.

are there any left? can i have some? :)

K and K and kids said...

Excuse me, but those are "Karrin"s Brownies"...you got that recipe from me!!! The icing is John's, but the brownies are mine. I would appreciate a renaming of this posting. Thank you and good day.

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.