Thursday, March 11, 2010

Buttercream Frosting

This is my favorite frosting to make!  The secret is in the extra flavorings and real butter!

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. Crisco
2 T. water
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. butter extract
4 c. or 1 lb. powdered sugar

Cream together the first five ingredients and then slowly add the powdered sugar until completely blended. You can thin the frosting down by adding more water for frosting a cake or add more powdered sugar to make it thicker for decorations.  To make it pure white, omit the butter and increase Crisco to 1 cup.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. this sounds wonderful. i just used butter extract for the first time recently when i made a pound cake. i had no idea there was such a thing.

Suzanne said...

That looks so delightful. I want to make cupcakes now.

Scott / Lori said...

That is an adorable cupcake. I have never used butter extract, but it sounds like that would make the frosting really yummy!

Karey said...

Does it get any better than the flavor of butter? This is very similar to the recipe I used when I did wedding cakes, except mine called for milk instead of water. This makes me want a cupcake.

John said...

So cute. And Yummy!!! I know Jolie's recipe calls for water or milk. She just chooses to use the water. I don't know what the difference is. ?????

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.