Saturday, February 20, 2010

Chicken Won Ton Salad

I grew up on this salad. It is probably my favorite salad and is a great one to make for showers or any girls light lunch type of gathering. But be sure to make more than enough. Once you start eating it, you can't stop. It's delicious.

Ingredients:

1 package won tons
1 head shredded lettuce
6 cooked chicken breasts, cut in strips
1 can water chestnuts
4 green onions - chopped
1/2 c. sesame seeds

Directions:

Cut won tons into 1/4 inch strips. (recipe calls for 1/2 package, I always do full package). Cook them in 1/2 inch oil and drain on towel.
Mix everything together but won tons.
I have never put the green onions in and I usually just used bagged lettuce.

Dressing:

1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. accent
1/4 c. salad oil
1/4 c. rice vinegar

Add wontons and dressing to salad and serve immediately.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

oh YEAH. THAT'S what i'm talkin' about. great pic.

Kristi said...

I made this for the super bowl and everyone LOVED it. Good one to put on this blog.

Scott / Lori said...

I LOVE this salad! I need to make this. Thanks for posting the recipe, I don't have it amd it LOOKS AMAZING!

Karey said...

You are absolutely right. I love this salad and once you start, it's addicting. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

Leslie said...

ok tawnie... this is my favorite salad ever. seriously... i am not a salad lover... but THIS, i adore this.
thank you for posting. it will come in handy sometime when i get really ambitious.

Julie said...

That looks crunchy and delicious...very nice :)

Nishant said...

great pic.
work at home in india