Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blonde Brownies


Ingredients:

3/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (11.5 oz) package milk chocolate chips

Directions:

Mix melted butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix just to combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into greased 9x13 baking pan bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely and cut into bars.

These were a pleasant surprise. The dough reminded more of cookie dough, but the bars turned out more like a brownie. Not as "blonde" as I expected, but definitely a moist, brownie texture. They were delicious and very easy to make!

7 comments:

Scott / Lori said...

Those look yummy. Thanks for a new recipe to add to my favorite cookie list. My kids will love these!

Karey said...

These sound really good. Thank goodness they have the milk chocolate chips so I can get my chocolate fix. This would make a good family night treat Monday!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to try these. Love a blonde anything. Love chocolate sometimes but any good treat without is great for me!!

Alisa said...

This is delicious.I remember my friend used to bring this for our study group,I cant wait to try making this one today.I saw your site from the foodieblogroll and hope you could add this Foodista widget here so Foodista readers can find this delicious post.Thanks!

nintendo r4 said...

Perfect recipe for a treat. It sounds delicious. I would like to make it at my birth day. Thanks for this recipe.

Anonymous said...

This recipe was a little hard for me to make, but MMMM.. so so good.

Leslie said...

looks good to me. :)