Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweet Corn Casserole

I love the sweet corn cake (Tomalitos) only found in some mexican restaurants so I was searching for a recipe to make my own. I found this on Paula Dean's website and it has become a favorite.

Ingredients:

1 can corn, drained
1 can cream style corn
1 8 oz. pkg. Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 c. butter, melted
1-1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Stir together everything but the cheese. Put in a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until golden. (I bake for 10 or so minutes less so it is more moist). Remove and top with cheddar. Bake 5-10 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

wow. i've never made this, but anytime i get to have it i LOVE it. this side dish is such a compliment to any meal!

Scott / Lori said...

This looks and sounds really good. I will give this a try the next time I need a good side. Thanks for the recipe!!!