Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oreo Cheesecake

I love cheesecake, but hate dealing with springform pans. When I came across this recipe, I had to try it. It was incredibly easy and so tasty!

Ingredients:

1 package Oreos ( 1 lb 2 oz)
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 packages (8 oz. each ) cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with tin foil with foil extending over the ends of the pan. Crush 30 Oreos until finely ground. Add butter. Mix well. Press firmly into bottom of prepared pan.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. (I've found this works better if cream cheese is room temperature--less lumps.) Add sour cream and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Chop remaining cookies. Leave out a few to sprinkle on top and gently mix the rest into the cheesecake batter. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining Oreos.

Bake 45 minutes or until the center is almost set. (You can tell if it is finished by gently jiggling the pan. You want a little movement in the center. Don't stick a knife in or it will crack as it cools.) Cool. Refrigerate for four hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake from the pan with the foil that extended over the side of the pan. Cut and serve. Refrigerate leftovers (if there are any).

3 comments:

Scott / Lori said...

I tried this and it is delicious! Next time I make a cheesecake I will do this, sounds easy and my family loves oreo mix-ins! Thanks.

Lisa said...

it looks delicious. and it is pretty too! kind of a cookies & cream cheesecake, eh?

Anonymous said...

Had this at an event and it was DELICIOUS!!! (And I don't even like cheesecake.)