Thursday, September 3, 2009

Simple and Delicious Chicken Fajitas

We love these chicken fajitas. Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. I actually got the recipe from my sister Leslie. There are very few ingredients required and it is a favorite with my family. Leslie does not put peppers or garlic in her recipe, so they are optional, and it is still delicious.

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts
1 onion, chopped
olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
bell peppers (any color, optional)

flour tortillas (we love the uncooked tortillas from Costco)

we like:
grated cheese
sour cream
diced tomatoes

Directions:

In a skillet saute chicken, onion and garlic in olive oil. Use enough olive oil to keep the items from sticking. You may have to add more as you go. When cooked through chop the chicken into small pieces. Return to pan and add peppers if you are using them. Continue to saute until peppers are desired tenderness.
Spoon onto tortillas and top with desired toppings.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

well, the picture is great enough to make me want some. thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' this blog! Thanks for the invite, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! I love those uncooked tortillas but I'm on hiatus from Costco. I just bought tortillas because my kids loved hamburger and cheese in them.
They would love this too!! Thanks for the great idea.

Kristi said...

I love fajitas. It is also the only Mexican food big Spencer will eat, but he calls them "Fadgitas".