Friday, September 4, 2009

Oriental Chicken Salad

I made this yummy salad tonight. Almost all of my family really liked it. I LOVED it. It tasted so light & fresh, but really flavorful too. This was super easy and will be a great addition to my potluck "bring a salad" rotation. Plus I absolutely will be making this again around here. It was such a nice departure from some of our regular casseroles, or heavier dinners. I served it with the one-and-only Dick's Bakery's butterflake rolls. I told the kids that they didn't get to have their roll until they had eaten enough bites to like the salad. They actually ate the salad, and claimed they liked it. How great to introduce them to all of these different flavors! Yum!

Ingredients:

4 cups shredded cabbage (or 16 oz bag)
4 green onions, sliced
1 c. slivered almonds
1 pkg. chicken flavored ramen noodles, broken up
1 11 oz can mandarin oranges
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced

Dressing:
1/4 c. canola oil
1/4 c. rice vinegar
1/4 c. sugar
Ramen flavor packet
1 T. soy sauce

Directions:

In a large bowl combine cabbage, onions, almonds, ramen noodles, mandarin oranges, and chicken. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, vinegar, sugar, flavor packet, and soy sauce. Toss together and serve or chill 1-2 hours before serving.




4 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds yummy. I don't know that my kids would even try it, but I will. Yum!
It looks like I will be coming to Utah next week. My grandpa died last night and the funeral is on Wednesday or Thursday.

Scott / Lori said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa Kristi! We are happy to have a chance to see you though!

As for this salad, I was lucky enough to get to have a few bites of it and it is fabulous!!! I am hoping to make it this coming week. I love a good salad. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to get to try this salad and it is refreshing and delicious. I'm craving it's freshness. Thanks Lisa!!!

Scott / Lori said...

I made this today and my kids all ate some. In fact most of them ate quite a bit. It was a hit and easy to make. We will definitely have it again in the future!